Barbara loves to share her passion for effective online communication, both virtually and in person. Along with publishing social media marketing strategies here on WiredPRWorks, she founded the Social Media Club (SMC) Chicago in 2008. Shortly thereafter, she was honored by GM and Chicagonista as one of Chicago’s top social media mavens.
Engaging Social Media Marketing Keynote Speaker and Trainer
- Speaker, Illinois Parks and Recreation Annual Conference, four workshops with continuing education credit
- Leader, social media for career advancement class, professional association
- Speaker, Illinois Suburban PRSA, Online PR: The Swiss Army Knife of Marketing
- Speaker, ISACA, Aligning personal branding with markets for advancing careers
- Adjunct faculty, College of DuPage, social media continuing education class summer session
- How to Leverage a LinkedIn Network into Dynamic Business Connections, chapter in “The Success Secrets of the Social Media Marketing Superstars” with co-authors Mitch Meyerson, Chris Brogan, Mari Smith and Gary Vaynerchuk
- Speaker, Leveraging LinkedIn webinar for International Social Media Association
- Speaker, Co-Aligning the Personal Brand with the Corporate Brand Strategy Conference presented by SohoBizTube
- Teacher, College of Dupage, adjunct faculty, Keeping Peace in the Statusphere: A Social Media Guide for Families and LinkedIn 101 for Grads of All Ages: How to Build a Personal Branding and Global Networking Platform
- Speaker, Social Media Business Panel, The Business Ledger
- Speaker, How Social Media is Changing Marketing, Social Media Panel at the Kellstadt Marketing Group Symposium, DePaul University
- Webinar, Office Depot Web Café, Leveraging LinkedIn
- Speaker, Content Marketing Strategies, UnGeeked Elite
- Moderator, PR and Marketing Strategies, PR +MKTG Camp Chicago
- Guest Host, Chicagonisa Live
- Speaker, White Sox Social Media Panel
- Keynote, The Social Media Landscape, DePaul University
- Keynote Speaker, Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce
- Moderator, Bloggers and Brands Panel, BB Summit
- Panelist, Personal Branding for Affiliate Marketers, Affiliate Summit West
- Social Media Keynote Speaker, Federal Reserve WEDGE Conference
- Social Media Keynote Speaker, NACM Credit Congress
- Social Media Keynote Speaker, @Midwest Conference
- Social Media Trainer, NACM Midwest Conference
Barbara brings significant corporate training expertise
Barbara’s training experience began as a corporate national sales training manager where her group sales training programs routinely increased sales results, by as much as 400%. Through her company, CoryWest Media, Barbara continues teaching and training- in college classrooms, corporate boardrooms, and as a conference speaker. Barbara’s Marketing Transformations Process and The Accelerated Marketing Plan systems blend her experience as a sales trainer, agency owner, marketing consultant and social media enthusiast into lively, dynamic programs that start working while her students are still in the room. Ragan Communications tapped into Barbara’s talent to develop Twitter 101 and Twitter and PR programs for their Social Media Boot Camp.
Kathryn Moran, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Barbara offered broad insight into the issues and concerns that SM project managers face in showing value added in business use of SM [social media]. In addition, she provided great practical tips and resources that I can immediately apply to my role.
Rebecca Wellisch, Women EmployedBarbara is smart, communicative and reliable in terms of moving the project along and delivering a quality product but also flexible and accommodating to her clients’ needs. At Women Employed, we engaged Barbara’s services to create a customized three-hour Enlivened Writing Workshop. Our goal was to develop a stronger writing foundation styled with persuasive elements. Now we feel like we have a higher quality standard and an integrated vision.
Stephen D. Spangehl, Higher Learning Commission Annual Conference Barbara did a great job of explaining and illustrating the value of social media to 350+ administrator and faculty from higher education institutions. She has current, relevant information to share, and a lively, engaging manner for sharing it.
Social Media Keynote Speaker and Trainer Request
Additional Speaking Recognition and Media Mentions
NBC Chicago, Inc.com, WIND, WDCM, SOHO Magazine cover feature, Mashable, Technorati, Chicago Tribune, LawMarketing.com, Alltop PR, AdAge Power 150, lowesforpros.com, Liberty Suburban Press, West Suburban Living, BizTalk Radio, Advice Radio, PepsiCo at BlogHer , quoted in O’Reilly’s Women in Technology, top 30 PR experts to follow by ereleases.com
Cross Promotion Partnering
As your promotion partner, you can count on Barbara to give your event higher visibility and greater credibility throughout and beyond the WiredPRWorks and SMC Chicago social networks. This includes before and after posts that are guaranteed to increase event signup.